- A comprehensive resource for IENs (internationally educated nurses) to prepare them both for nursing life in the UK and the new OSCE Test of Competence effective 31 March 2021, meeting latest NMC guidelines and Future Nurse curriculum.
- Assists candidate and employment sponsor to succeed in optimum time.
This much-praised resource for candidates for UK registration, both international nurses and those returning to practice, has been updated to meet these latest developments.
Three experienced nurses and educators take the prospective candidate through an understanding of the work of a nurse in the NHS today; how the registration process works; and the basic principles and knowledge candidates will be assessed on in the OSCE. In addition, the authors provide information on taking care of an essential resource: yourself.
Key new elements to meet changes in NMC guidelines and the ToC include: Preparing for the APIE stations of the OSCE Key behaviours: communication and empathy, team working, delegation, accountability. Understanding the environment of the NHS. Essential nursing skills assessment.
Fully referenced throughout to texts and websites enabling reading round each topic and further learning.
Key Contents :
1. Requirements for UK Registered Nurses
2. Values and behaviours
3. Infection prevention and control
4. APIE: Assessment
5. APIE: Planning
6. APIE: Implementation
7. APIE: Evaluation
9. Reflection and resilience
10. Mental health
For a full list of contents please click on SEE INSIDE and enlarge.
“a great resource for international nurses who are contemplating coming to work in the UK…”
– NMC Competence Test Centre Ulster University