For a full list of contents click on SEE INSIDE and enlarge.
All UK nurses are required to become proficient in medicines management before registration. Safe administration of medicines is an essential skill for every nurse, and provides the foundation for nurse prescribing as a future area of practice.
Now comprehensively updated and restructured for its second edition, this evidence-based resource:
- provides quick access to the knowledge you need to make clinical decisions and to safely deliver medication in partnership with patients
- is written and illustrated to be shared with patients when explaining and clarifying the nature of medications
- addresses the principles of pharmacology and the practical administration of medicines to adults
- covers the most common drugs as examples of drugs in their classes, complementing the BNF.
This second edition of Practical Medicines Management includes additional coverage of mental health, communicating with patients and achieving adherence, routes of administration, and responding to emergencies including sepsis.
Fully referenced to enable further learning. It is indispensable for the nursing student and for the practicing nurse in hospital and community, including nursing associates. Clinical educators, practice assessors and supervisors will also find this resource reinforces key messages about safe and confident practice.
Key Features and Benefits
- Essential knowledge for registration and Nurse Prescriber course preparation
- Compiled and updated in line with 2018-2019 NMC Education framework
- Provides rapid access to the knowledge needed to make clinical decisions and to safely deliver medication in partnership with patients.
- Person – centred approach throughout
What reviewers said:
“many students….will find this book an accessible and convenient examination revision aid…..and an increasingly important resource for practitioners.” – Nursing Standard
“Invaluable” – Nursing and Midwifery Council