- Essential knowledge for all roles in peri-operative care.
- Ready reference for practice or training and further learning.
- Portable, durable format, fully referenced and logically presented.
- Expanded and Updated for all qualification pathways.
Delivers rapid access to essential knowledge for the practitioner or learner whatever their role within the perioperative environment.
This comprehensive revision contains a new key principles section including perioperative roles and responsibilities, effective communication, and assertiveness techniques. The contributors have expanded contents within the anaesthetic, surgical and recovery topics to reflect and support the development of the modern day ODP/ perioperative practitioner and indicative graduate education of the multi-professional preoperative team.
New topics include: blood gas analysis, invasive monitoring, difficult airway procedures, body cavities and surgical incisions, role of the surgical first assistant, A-G patient assessment and nutrition and hydration.
“The CODP endorses this book as an invaluable reference tool for all practitioners within the operating department.”
– College of Operating Department Practitioners