Your basket is currently empty!
Terms and Conditions
Terms of Sale
1. Orders and Contract Formation
Please read these Terms of Sale; they are important. If you do not agree to these Terms of Sale do not place an order.
1.2 Following our receipt of your completed electronic order and payment by credit or debit card, we will contact you by email to confirm the details on the form and supply you with an order reference number. A contract will be created between Clinical Pocket Reference Ltd when we send the confirmatory email (order confirmation) to you. If we cannot, for any reason, accept and process your order, we will notify you accordingly.
1.3 We reserve the right to reject any order, as we see fit, without giving any reason.
1.4 We may change these Terms of Sale at any time by posting changes on this website, and without giving you notice, so please check these Terms of Sale whenever you complete an order form and before you submit it to us. If you place an order with us after we have posted any change to these Terms of Sale, you will be agreeing to that change.
1.6 Right to cancel: If you are a consumer, i.e., if you are an individual and are placing an order for purposes outside your business, within the European Union, you may cancel your order before the expiry of 14 (fourteen) working days beginning on the day after you receive the goods from us. If you wish to cancel, please send an email to that effect to firstname.lastname@example.org
1.7 If you are sixteen or under, you should not purchase anything from this website.
2. Delivery and Returns
2.1 We cannot guarantee delivery within any time frame, but if we fail to deliver within twenty-eight days after we have accepted your order, you may cancel your order by contacting us at email@example.com
2.2 If you exercise your right to cancel under Condition 1.6 above, you must return any items that have already been delivered to you within twenty-one days after you cancel your order, and then we will refund the price and any delivery and handling charges that you have paid. However, if you return any book and it is not in saleable condition, or if you return any CD or software that has been opened, we will not be obliged to make any refund.
2.3 If you return any item to us within twenty-one days after it was delivered to you because it is defective or because we sent it to you in error, we will refund the price of that item, any delivery and handling charges for that item, and the reasonable costs of returning it to us. Whenever you return an item to us we may examine it to check whether it is actually defective.
2.4 If, for any other reason, you are unhappy with any item you have purchased from this website and you return it to us in saleable condition or, if it is a CD or software, you return it to us unopened within twenty-one days after it was delivered to you, we will refund the price of that item, but not the delivery and handling charges or the costs of returning it to us.
2.5 You must include the invoice and packing slip, and a brief written explanation of the reason for the return, with each returned item. Returns should be sent by recorded delivery post to:
Marston Book Services
Unit 160 Milton Park
OX14 4SD UK
2.6 We may deliver part of your order and charge for the items delivered, even though some items in your order may not have been delivered.
3. Data Protection and Privacy
4.1 We use the industry standard, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, to ensure our online ordering facility is secure for credit and debit card transactions. Your credit or debit card details will be transmitted to us securely ONLY if you are using a secure connection (SSL) aware browser.
5. Availability and Payment
5.1 Our prices, delivery charges and the availability of our stock are published on this website. The price and delivery charges payable are those in force at the date and time you send your order form to us. We may change our prices and charges at any time.
5.2 We try to ensure that the prices and charges and availability published on this website are accurate, but we need to check the prices and charges on your order form. We will inform you if our actual prices and charges are different from those stated on your order form and the availability of the items you have ordered. If our actual prices or charges are higher than those on your order form, you may cancel your order; if our actual prices and charges are lower, we will charge you the lower amount. We will inform you by email if any item you have ordered is unavailable.
5.3 If you order online you must pay by credit or debit card at the time you send us your order. We accept payment by Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Delta, Switch, Solo, Maestro and Mastercard.
5.4 You undertake and warrant that all details you provide to us when you place your order will be correct, that any credit or debit card you use belongs to you, and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the price of the items you order and our delivery charges.
5.5 We reserve the right to obtain validation of any credit or debit card details before accepting any order.
5.6 Our prices and charges are inclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax and all similar taxes or duties (UK only). If your order is to be delivered to an address outside the United Kingdom you may have to pay import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs authorities for details.
6. Accuracy of Information, Warranties and Disclaimer
6.1 We try to ensure that any information and material on this website that has not been supplied by a third party is accurate, but we make no representation and give no warranty that any information or material is accurate, up to date or complete. We accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by inaccurate information or material.
6.2 If you find any inaccurate, out of date or incomplete information or material on this website, or if you suspect that something is an infringement of intellectual property rights, you must let us know immediately by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7.1 No delay, neglect or forbearance on our part in enforcing any provision of these Terms of Sale will be, or be deemed to be, a waiver or in any way prejudice any of our rights.
7.2 If any provision of these Terms of Sale is (for any reason), held to be unenforceable, illegal or invalid in some other way, the unenforceable, illegal or invalid provision will not affect the remainder of these Terms of Sale and they will continue in full force and effect.
7.3 These Terms of Sale are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The place of performance will be England.
7.4 No addition to, or modification of, any provision of these Terms of Sale will be binding on us unless made in writing and signed by our duly authorized representatives. ‘Writing’ includes email.
7.6 Nothing in these Terms of Sale affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
We allow other companies that are presenting advertisements on our sites and, sometimes, in our newsletters to use tracking technology on your computer. We do not give any personally identifiable information to them as part of this relationship. Unless you visit the Web site of these companies and provide them with personally identifiable information about yourself, these tracking technologies tell those advertisers nothing about who you are. Our advertisers’ use of tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
3. How does Clinical Pocket Reference use the information?
We use the information we gather for four general purposes:
- To customize the advertising and the content you see;
- To enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you;
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in paid services, polls, contests, and message boards;
- To send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
Personally identifiable information
We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our website.
- You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our community features such as forums, user opinions and reviews, chat rooms, photo sharing or other forms of public communication and interaction.
- You use cobranded services (i.e., sites or services that we offer to you in connection with a partner, who is identified on the site). When you use a cobranded service within our network of sites, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
- We hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services such as customer support; email message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that you have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us fulfill our services to you. We do not provide your information to these companies for their own, permanent use.
- You unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that person’s list of people to whom they may not send emails.
- You are the winner of a contest or a sweepstakes that is co-sponsored with a third party and that third party needs your information in order to manage the prize fulfillment process.
- When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
We aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
4. What are my options?
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our sites without registering.
We also give users the following options:
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us;
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our products or services without providing us with certain information.
- How can I review and update my personally identifiable information?
You can review, correct, or change the information collected during registration for any of our sites. The instructions for doing this can be found in our member-services areas. Users may change information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems with our services or who have questions about how our services work can contact us using e-mail addresses at the bottom of this page.
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first within this area of our network of Web sites. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our sites that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection, we will send affected users written notice of the change by e-mail.
6. Privacy of children
None of the sites within our network is directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our network of sites in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by, and will not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from, anyone under 13 years of age. This requirement is clearly posted during the registration process.
Questions regarding this privacy statement or any other aspects of our network of Web sites should be sent to our corporate offices. We read every message submitted and try to reply promptly to every one. We may also file your comments to improve the site, or review and discard the information